socalsportbikes.org socalsportbikes.org
Register Member Map Media Calendar Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SOCALSPORTBIKES.ORG - Forums > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to THE NEW socalsportbikes.org, Southern California's Sportbike Forum! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our FREE community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!
Its FREE!
Register through Facebook Register quicker using facebook

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook for regular shirt giveaways and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2018, 05:24 PM   #1
D675R
Tona agility, FTW !!!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Daytona 675R
2011 Honda CBR250R

Member Garage Member Garage

Stronzo Stronzo Stronzo (Italian)

Romano Fenati Tried to Kill Another Motorcycle Racer at Misano.

The Moto2 Championship doesn’t often make the headlines in the motorcycle racing sphere, but I bet you are hearing all about this weekend’s Moto2 race at the San Marino GP. For those who are late to the story, much is being said about an incident where Romano Fenati grabbed Stefano Manzi’s front brake lever, as the pair hurled down the Misano circuit at over 135 MPH.
Caught on camera, the incident in just one of several between the two riders during the Moto2 race this weekend, as Fenati and Manzi traded paint and you hand gestures at several points of the competition, but the focus of the attention remains on the shocking act that Fenati took down the back straight of the circuit.
For the fans in attendance, and for those watching at home, you were witness to one of the most irresponsible events that can take place on a race track – an act that I would argue is tantamount to attempted murder on a motorcycle.
When MCN’s Simon Patterson asked the MotoGP riders what they thought of the incident. Always apt to speak his mind, Crutchlow said flatly, “I think he should never race a motorcycle again.”
“He should have walked into his garage, and his team should have kicked him straight out the back. You can’t do dangerous things to another motorcycle racer,” Crutchlow said, to applause in the room. “We are risking our lives enough.”
Though more diplomatic in his approach, Marc Marquez helped to frame the severity of Fenati’s actions, saying that Race Direction “need to do some penalty, that the other guys will never do,” meaning that the punishment for grabbing another rider’s brake lever should be a penalty so high, no rider would ever consider grabbing another’s front brake lever while at speed.
What transpired today though goes beyond the utterance of labels like “hot-headed” or “immature” that often follow Fenati around the MotoGP paddock. I would offer the word criminal.
That the act was so heinous and reckless though, that Fenati’s actions could have potentially killed Manzi in the process, that makes it an attempted murder.

This isn’t grandstanding. This isn’t sensationalizing a story. If we remove the veil of danger that comes with racing motorcycles, and exam the acts alone, we can see that a very real crime took place on live TV. No one can mistake that Fenati meant to grab Manzi’s front brake lever, that he grabbed it with the intent of causing the other rider harm, and that at those speeds on a motorcycle, a crash could be life-threatening. We too often forget in sport that the rules of the outside world still apply.
Today, Fenati was fired from his current Moto2 team and his contract was revoked with next year’s MV Agusta Moto2 team he recently signed with.
In what has to be the most strongly worded press release we have seen in this business, MV Agusta and Forward Racing made it crystal clear why there were terminating their relationship with rider Romano Fenati, who was set to join the Italian company’s Moto2 project next season.
“In all my years of watching sport, I have never seen behavior as dangerous as this,” said MV Agusta CEO Giovanni Castiglioni. “A rider who can act like this can never represent the values of our company for our brand. For this reason, we do not want him to be the rider with which MV Agusta makes its return to the World Championship.”
Even those who don’t follow motorcycle racing are talking about Fenati’s actions from this past weekend’s San Marino GP, where the 22-year-old Italian grabbed the brake lever of Stefano Manzi, as the pair raced at over 135 mph.
For Romano Fenati, it is increasingly likely that Sunday was the end of his racing career. No team or racing organization will ever want to work with him again. Good Riddance Romano you filthy scum !!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E39ED62E-6BDE-41C0-91C6-74195A152401.jpeg
Views:	42
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	73833  
One persistent mistake I see riders make when trying to ride faster: Using too much lean, too late in the corner, well after the apex of a turn. This is precisely where you want to be on the gas not increasing lean. Remedy: use reference points for tip in and use a strong countersteer input to quickly flick the bike to max lean at tip in
D675R is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-10-2018, 05:56 PM   #2
OOTV

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
09 Honda VFR800
01 Honda VFR800
95 Ducati 900SS/SP

This is very similar to an even involving Niccolo Capena. However, in his case the rider did go down, broke his collar bone and was just missed by a following rider. In Capena's case, he had assault charges brought against him.

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2015/...iccolo-canepa/

Honestly, either rider should be banned from professional racing, if not for life, at least a good number of years that makes them irrelevant if they wanted to return.

I have to say kudos to Cal, he always seems to tell it straight. Even called out Dovi and MM saying they were being too diplomatic.
OOTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 06:30 PM   #3
i28
knight who says Ni!

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2015 FZ-07

i28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 09:39 PM   #4
Colorado Mike
I wrote that ------->

Bike(s):
2017 FZ-10
2019 Tracer 900 GT
2013 YZF-R1 track only

Yeah, that was F'ed up to put it lightly. I'm glad MV Agusta and Forward Racing team voided his contract and dropped him. I'll bet he never gets another shot. Good! There's no excuse for that. It would of been better to just go fista cuffs out in the alley out back than pull the kind of .

Last edited by Colorado Mike; 09-10-2018 at 09:58 PM.
Colorado Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 01:30 AM   #5
UV1000
UV Plasma Lighted Funda

Bike(s):
2005 GSXR1000 UV*

I've heard of some club racers (a long time ago) that would "accidentally" bump your kill switch off (on bikes that still had them), but grabbing a brake lever especially at that level of racing is just rage, Race rage. I've noticed it in the news more often. The loss of rationale, a mindless impulsive act, Fenati could have taken himself down as well in spite. I'm glad no American racer in America would ever do something as despicable as that. Right

Last edited by UV1000; 09-11-2018 at 01:47 AM.
UV1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 02:36 PM   #6
D675R
Tona agility, FTW !!!

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Daytona 675R
2011 Honda CBR250R

Member Garage Member Garage

Douchebag’s racing license has been revoked, and he is banned from all motorcycle sporting events. Only question I have is, why did it take so long ?? This should have happened instantly when he grabbed his opponent’s brake lever !!

https://www.eurosport.com/moto/motor...29/story.shtml
D675R is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 09-12-2018, 09:53 AM   #7
LAZO818

Fenati must've been playing a ton of Sega Road Rash prior to that race!
LAZO818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:

Advertisement