socalsportbikes.org socalsportbikes.org
Register Member Map Media Calendar Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SOCALSPORTBIKES.ORG - Forums > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to THE NEW socalsportbikes.org, Southern California's Sportbike Forum! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our FREE community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!
Its FREE!
Register through Facebook Register quicker using facebook

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook for regular shirt giveaways and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2018, 04:37 PM   #1
prakthad

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2013 Yamaha FZ1
2008 Yamaha R6

Streets of Willow - 4/29

I will be at streets of willow for Sunday 4/29 track day with Trackxperience. I should be getting there on Saturday afternoon to watch the vintage races at willow springs and then tent camp at night. Just checking if anyone else from the forum will be around....
prakthad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-30-2018, 11:15 AM   #2
LAZO818

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakthad View Post
I will be at streets of willow for Sunday 4/29 track day with Trackxperience. I should be getting there on Saturday afternoon to watch the vintage races at willow springs and then tent camp at night. Just checking if anyone else from the forum will be around....
I was out there on Saturday... it was perfect weather (minus a few gusts). Best of all there were no red flags the whole day!
LAZO818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 01:30 PM   #3
prakthad

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2013 Yamaha FZ1
2008 Yamaha R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZO818 View Post
I was out there on Saturday... it was perfect weather (minus a few gusts). Best of all there were no red flags the whole day!
Sunday was all wind and all red flags. Unfortunately I was one of the red flags .
prakthad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 02:31 PM   #4
LAZO818

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakthad View Post
Sunday was all wind and all red flags. Unfortunately I was one of the red flags .
AHHH what a bummer man! That was my fear when I saw the forecast for the weekend, but we got lucky that it was problem aside from having to take down our canopy. Hopefully you only had a minor low slide?
LAZO818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 05:43 PM   #5
RPR

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Triumph Street Triple R (Street)
2015 Yamaha R3 (Race)

How are the track conditions now? I heard they resurfaced it but havenít been since. It was awful when I went about a year ago
CVMA #217
RPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 06:16 PM   #6
Tonybeau

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2018 Tuono
2015 CBR1000RR
2006 R6 Track Bike
2005 CRF450X
2011 KTM 300XC Smoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPR View Post
How are the track conditions now? I heard they resurfaced it but haven’t been since. It was awful when I went about a year ago
I didn’t see it previously but have ridden there a couple of times this year and the last corner in the pan and the corner before the bowl are pretty rough. There are patches around other parts of the track that can give you a little wobble as the repairs aren’t great.

Still a fun track to ride though.
Tonybeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 08:16 PM   #7
lsos1115

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2014 zx6 (track)
2016 XSR900 (street)

Quote:
How are the track conditions now? I heard they resurfaced it but havenít been since. It was awful when I went about a year ago
We were there on that Sat too. Short story is that the track is bumpy as . The skid pad has always been bumpy, but now there's a long patch on the fast right hander after the bowl (CCW) that's also a wild ride. The bowl itself has a few odd dips too. All of that said, it's not a fast track, so entirely manageable. And still really fun.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
lsos1115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 08:22 PM   #8
RPR

Bike(s):
2015 Yamaha R3 (Race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsos1115 View Post
We were there on that Sat too. Short story is that the track is bumpy as . The skid pad has always been bumpy, but now there's a long patch on the fast right hander after the bowl (CCW) that's also a wild ride. The bowl itself has a few odd dips too. All of that said, it's not a fast track, so entirely manageable. And still really fun.

Gotcha. I had heard they were going to completely resurface it but I wasnít sure if that happened yet. Hope they do it soon!
Old 05-04-2018, 08:27 PM   #9
lsos1115

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2014 zx6 (track)
2016 XSR900 (street)

Quote:
Gotcha. I had heard they were going to completely resurface it but I wasnít sure if that happened yet. Hope they do it soon!
They painted it last year. Yes, painted, so on photos it looks better. It's now shinier, I guess, but no less bumpy.

lsos1115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 08:44 PM   #10
RPR

Bike(s):
2015 Yamaha R3 (Race)

What a waste, save up and repave! Still waiting on track 2 at chuck and buttonwillow. They say the chuck track will have higher speeds and harder braking
CVMA #217

Advertisement