socalsportbikes.org socalsportbikes.org
Register Member Map Media Calendar Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SOCALSPORTBIKES.ORG - Forums > Site Vendors > Riders Revelation
Forgot info?

Welcome to THE NEW socalsportbikes.org, Southern California's Sportbike Forum! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our FREE community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!
Its FREE!
Register through Facebook Register quicker using facebook

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE SOCALSPORTBIKES.ORG DECALS mailed to your door

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2015, 09:23 PM   #1
Brooklyn86
Mateo

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2017 Aprilia RSV4
2005 Suzuki GSX-R750

Member Garage Member Garage

Riders Revelation: THE SoCal Shop to go to :)

Short Version:

If you're looking for a motorcycle shop that can do high-quality work for a (very) fair price, this is it.

Jimmy, the owner, took a bike that I was on the verge of selling and completely transformed it (in a good way!).

Thanks, Jimmy & co., for taking care of me and my bike. For as long as I'm living in SoCal, I'll be coming back to your shop for sure.

Long Version:

Owned a 2005 Suzuki GSX-R750 for 5 years and while I love it to death, it started giving me issues and was debating selling it. With the labor quotes and diagnosis received by the dealership, it didn't inspire much confidence that the issues of my (salvaged title) bike would ever truly go away. Jimmy and his crew changed that.

The issue that first brought me into Jimmy's shop was a snapped engine bolt when the dealership tried to remove a bent frame slider per my request. The dealership wasn't confident that they could get the bolt out in an efficient manner. They said it could potentially take 2-3 hours of labor.

Looked on Yelp for another shop to get a second opinion and found Riders Revelation. Called Jimmy and he said to bring it in first thing Saturday and that he would take a look at it. Showed up and 30 minutes later, problem fixed! Told Jimmy how much I appreciated his help and that I would come back for more service.

A few weeks later, I returned with a slightly more complicated issue: vibrating front end feel. Asked Jimmy to ride it and see what he thought. Turned out the issue was with the front suspension. Somehow a cartridge from a different bike made its way to the left fork. One would only catch this when comparing the two cartridges side-by-side (which Jimmy did) since they were very close in length.

Not only was the cartridge the wrong part, which also appeared damaged and not fully functional, but the preload for that fork seemed to have been taken out completely, causing it to act like a pogo stick. (So problems on top of problems.) Per Jimmy recommendation, I Ebay'ed a replacement part to hopefully fix all this.

Kept the bike there while the part came in and had the following done in the meantime was:

-replaced fork seals
-replaced front/rear rotors
-bled front brakes
-cleaned/lubed chain
-retouched some existing dents/scratches
-installed toe guard
-oil and oil filter change
-cleaned air filter
-R1 throttle tube mod

Fast forward, as the cartridge comes in, Jimmy installs it, goes for a ride and tells me everything is all good and that "it feels like a race bike now."

Conclusion:

First, I was surprised on how little all this work came out to be. I guess I got use to paying dealership prices so when when I saw the final quote, I was pleasantly surprised to pay something that I thought was (very) fair.

Second, the bike felt completely transformed!! Not only was the vibration gone, but when I took the bike out to the canyons the next day, I had to get use to how quickly it was turning in. I'm so happy with the bike right now that I can't imagine letting it go while just a few months ago that I was creating a Craigslist ad to sell it.

Thanks Jimmy, and your his crew, for all the work you have done. It's a no-brainer that my bike will be coming back here for all its maintenance/mod work.

Post-Shop Canyon Ride
Brooklyn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Advertisement
Old 03-25-2015, 11:27 PM   #2
AlexZX6R
Forum Supporter

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Meh......

Street Dreams in Laguna Niguel is the best. Period. Just saying.
AlexZX6R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 11:42 PM   #3
Bigdcbr600rr

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Cbr600rr

Guys garage is the best... He does amazing work hahaha
He has it all sick little garage/shop
Old 03-26-2015, 12:06 AM   #4
AlexZX6R
Forum Supporter

Trackdays: 2

Guy is the man.
AlexZX6R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 06:16 AM   #5
QWKENAF
Forum Supporter

Bike(s):
2016 BMW S1000RR
2001 Hayabusa
2015 Yamaha Zuma
2000 Bandit 600 (Sold)
2014 GSXR 750 (Stolen)

Bottom line is everyone is going to show loyalty to the shop they feel is "best". Personally I do almost all work myself because 1) I can 2) I can

But, If there is something I know I can't do, then I know where to go with confidence.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:39 AM   #6
Brooklyn86
Mateo

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2017 Aprilia RSV4
2005 Suzuki GSX-R750

Quote:
Originally Posted by QWKENAF View Post
Bottom line is everyone is going to show loyalty to the shop they feel is "best". Personally I do almost all work myself because 1) I can 2) I can

But, If there is something I know I can't do, then I know where to go with confidence.
Bingo

Just sharing my personal experience is all.
Brooklyn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 03-26-2015, 08:14 AM   #7
Guy

Feedback Rating: (1)

Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 03:22 PM   #8
dougiefresh67
aka Backmarker!

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2006 KLR 650
2004 KXF 400

Always hear good things about these guys. I thought cause they were in Newport the prices would be, well, like they are in Newport $$$
Old 03-27-2015, 06:32 PM   #9
NoExpert

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2014 Yamaha YZF-R1 Rapid Red

For a moment I thought you were going to be the dude who rolled into my complex with the busted GSX-R who's clutch cable had broke.
Old 03-27-2015, 07:35 PM   #10
trident777

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR, 2008 GSXR600

I always go here to get tires mounted as they are just a mile or so from me... I am planning on getting some steel braide brake lines installed on the gsxr, will prob ask for a quote from these guys
trident777 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement