socalsportbikes.org socalsportbikes.org
Register Member Map Media Calendar Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SOCALSPORTBIKES.ORG - Forums > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to THE NEW socalsportbikes.org, Southern California's Sportbike Forum! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our FREE community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!
Its FREE!
Register through Facebook Register quicker using facebook

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE SOCALSPORTBIKES.ORG DECALS mailed to your door

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2015, 09:43 AM   #21
rgbeard
Forum Supporter

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2001 Speed Triple
2001 Triumph Trophy
2003 GSXR 1000

Member Garage Member Garage

And just to clarify:

You Need: Driver's License and Passport.
You DO NOT Need: Birth Certificate or anything else.

Insurance is optional but recommended. If you're involved in an accident, you're detained until fault is determined, and damages are paid. If you have insurance you're out earlier. Google Mexico Insurance, or hit up the Insurance store at I-5 and Dairy Mart Road. It's about $25-40 depending on coverage and how long you plan to stay. I buy mine by the year for only $120. You need only LIABILITY coverage.

To get to PN, you will probably take the scenic road along the ocean. It's a toll road. The toll for a motorcycle is 15 pesos (appx $1.00). You have one toll booth in Tijuana, and one in Rosarito Beach. You'll have the same costs going back. Have your money READY. Nothing is more annoying than people that pull up to the toll booth and have to take off gloves, unzip compartments, and fish for money. Put a $5.00 or some $1.00s in a pocket or compartment that you can access easily. After paying, get through the booth and pull to the right if you need to glove-up or re-assemble yourself.

In Puerto Nuevo, the road closest to the Ocean is unpaved and rough. It's passable. I was just there last week with the GSXR, so it's not as if it's dual-sport only, but just beware, take your time, and don't bottom-out your plastics.

When you park at PN, there will be parking people to "help" you. They're really there to help you to the restaurant that's paying them. In any case, if someone helps you, and finds a perfect parking sport for your bike, reward them with a couple of dollars. There are tucked-away places where motos fit really well, and they know them. They're working to earn that, and your bike will be untouched by the village kids.

The speed limit is 110kph. I haven't seen cops enforcing speed in years, but the moment I tell you to have fun, is the time they'll enforce it. You don't want to deal with an out-of-country speeding ticket. It's not fun. Speed with your own discretion.

If you want to meet in PN or further North, let me know. I've got that weekend open.

I'm a fan of things that ride, fly and drive.

IBA: 63413
rgbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Advertisement
Old 10-26-2015, 12:24 PM   #22
pleksi

Quote:
Originally Posted by iellei1665 View Post
I'm hoping to go south into Baja the weekend of 11/7.
A customer of mine said to stop at Villas Ortegas in Puerto Nuevo, his friend is part owner The winery looks like an interesting stop too.
Great to hear that you can find time to ride too. I hope you enjoy your trip - and the lobsters

By the way, the first found cache in the US was Highland Valley Rd in South California (logged last weekend).
pleksi is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 11-04-2015, 10:56 PM   #23
iellei1665

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2015 FZ07
1986 FZ600 (In my garage for wiring repairs)
1986 Yamaha Radian (Project)
1981 XS 400 (1st bike, gave to my bff in Wa)

Haven't gotten much riding in lately ;( I was able to add a couple of caches, but couldn't get any pictures to upload through my phone.
In other news-
My buddy got sick, and the last few weeks work has been crazy busy. Needless to say I have been exhausted & don't think my friend will be up to riding more than something close like Big Bear this weekend, if anything at all.
I will have to go another time soon by myself.
iellei1665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 06:40 AM   #24
pleksi

I wish your buddy a speedy recovery and I hopefully it will become easier at work too.

By the way... I tested image uploading with Chrome on three Android devices and they all worked . I also read somewhere that some phones don't support image uploading on web pages. But I can't say for sure if it's your phone or the motocaching upload page.

I sent you my email address (PM on motocaching) just in case you want me to upload the pictures for you. I'd be happy to do it - your perfect caches deserve a picture
Liked this post:
Old 09-06-2016, 03:38 PM   #25
pleksi

Here's a short video about trip planning on the motocaching website and the trip that I made last weekend :

The title is 'The easiest way in the world to plan a motorcycle ride.' Ok, it's a bold statement, but at least for me it really is the easiest way. This is how I plan most of my rides now.

Advertisement