socalsportbikes.org socalsportbikes.org
Register Member Map Media Calendar Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SOCALSPORTBIKES.ORG - Forums > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to THE NEW socalsportbikes.org, Southern California's Sportbike Forum! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our FREE community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!
Its FREE!
Register through Facebook Register quicker using facebook

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook for regular shirt giveaways and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2018, 12:32 PM   #1
techgeekgurl
Member
 
techgeekgurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Long Beach
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 8

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2010 CBR600rr
2015 Ninja 300








Arrow Transporting bikes

Hey guys,

I just moved to Long Beach from Minnesota.
Some of you may have seen my post months ago in the new members forum. I was hoping to arrive in April, but that didn't happen. I'm here now, though!

I had to transport my motorcycles (Ninja 300 and CBR600rr) in the back of a 48' ABF moving trailer. Safely restraining the bikes to make the 2000 mile trip was going to be tricky and I wanted to make use of vertical space above the bikes, so I enlisted a couple of friends to build a restraining base and crates around the bikes.

Now that I'm here, I no longer need the restraining bases and would like to give them to someone that could use them. I posted them in the free classifieds section on the forum, but it looks kind of like a ghost town in there so I thought I would post a heads up in here. Hopefully I'm not breaking any forum rules by posting here, and if I am, please feel free to delete my post.
techgeekgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-16-2018, 07:46 PM   #2
Pete_G
Senior Member
 
Pete_G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 446

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
'14 Triumph Daytona 675
'11 CBR600rr red/black (totaled)
'07 CBR600rr all black (sold)
'04 Suzuki SV650s (sold)
'02 Ninja 250r (sold)

Member Garage Member Garage




Quote:
Originally Posted by techgeekgurl View Post
Hey guys,

I just moved to Long Beach from Minnesota.
Some of you may have seen my post months ago in the new members forum. I was hoping to arrive in April, but that didn't happen. I'm here now, though!

I had to transport my motorcycles (Ninja 300 and CBR600rr) in the back of a 48' ABF moving trailer. Safely restraining the bikes to make the 2000 mile trip was going to be tricky and I wanted to make use of vertical space above the bikes, so I enlisted a couple of friends to build a restraining base and crates around the bikes.

Now that I'm here, I no longer need the restraining bases and would like to give them to someone that could use them. I posted them in the free classifieds section on the forum, but it looks kind of like a ghost town in there so I thought I would post a heads up in here. Hopefully I'm not breaking any forum rules by posting here, and if I am, please feel free to delete my post.
Don't need your crates or the restraining base, but welcome to SoCal!
__________________
Ride safe.
Pete_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 08:20 PM   #3
techgeekgurl
Member
 
techgeekgurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Long Beach
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 8

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2010 CBR600rr
2015 Ninja 300








Thanks!! After the terrible winter MN just had, I'm beyond excited that winterizing isn't a thing here!
techgeekgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 09:43 PM   #4
Colorado Mike
I wrote that ------->
 
Colorado Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: N. SD county
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 160

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2017 FZ-10
2019 Tracer 900 GT
2013 YZF-R1 track only







I can relate! F the snow and cold! Bring on the weather taxes/premiums. I'll pay it
__________________
.........mmmm crossplanes
Colorado Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 11:10 PM   #5
techgeekgurl
Member
 
techgeekgurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Long Beach
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 8

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2010 CBR600rr
2015 Ninja 300








Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Mike View Post
I can relate! F the snow and cold! Bring on the weather taxes/premiums. I'll pay it
My thoughts exactly!!
techgeekgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 06-17-2018, 08:48 AM   #6
rgbeard
Forum Supporter
Senior Member
 
rgbeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ensenada, MX and Phoenix, AZ
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,637

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2001 Speed Triple
2001 Triumph Trophy
2003 GSXR 1000


Member Garage Member Garage




I'm up in Long Beach Tuesday. I'd like to look at this and see if it's something I would get any use from.

Rusty.
__________________
My name is Rusty.

I'm a fan of things that ride, fly and drive.

IBA: 63413
rgbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 08:44 PM   #7
techgeekgurl
Member
 
techgeekgurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Long Beach
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 8

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2010 CBR600rr
2015 Ninja 300








Quote:
Originally Posted by rgbeard View Post
I'm up in Long Beach Tuesday. I'd like to look at this and see if it's something I would get any use from.

Rusty.
Ok cool. A couple of people have expressed interest, but no one has made a solid confirmation, so maybe ping me Tuesday morning to make sure nothing has changed.
techgeekgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Reply


Thread Tools



Advertisement



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:18 AM.


socalsportbikes.org is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy