socalsportbikes.org socalsportbikes.org
Register Member Map Media Calendar Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SOCALSPORTBIKES.ORG - Forums > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to THE NEW socalsportbikes.org, Southern California's Sportbike Forum! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our FREE community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!
Its FREE!
Register through Facebook Register quicker using facebook

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE SOCALSPORTBIKES.ORG DECALS mailed to your door

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2018, 01:16 PM   #61
monkeyfist

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2016 ZX636r
1996 GPZ 1100
1994 RM250r

The Moto3 race in Jerez was one of the best races I have seen. I am really enjoying this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
monkeyfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Advertisement
Old 05-24-2018, 12:56 PM   #62
Sembalap

Even Marc the king of saves said this is the save of the year at le mans

Sembalap is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 05-26-2018, 08:46 AM   #63
Sembalap

Wow i never really like smug lorenzo but seems like he will be downgraded to satellite team next year. Shame for such metronome riding skill he has.
Old 06-03-2018, 11:46 AM   #64
D675R
Tona agility, FTW !!!

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Daytona 675R
2011 Honda CBR250R

Member Garage Member Garage

Rossi on pole in Mugello is impressive. They finally got the balance of the M1 sorted (more front biased weight distribution) so a strong competitive qualifier hot lap is achievable. However over race distance with harder rubber, the traction of the Yamaha M1 drops more than that of the Ducati or Honda. Rossi says Yamaha has to fix this issue before he can challenge for race wins. Rossi had a difficult race and at one point fell back to 5th place. He had to dig deep and give 150% effort to arrive on the box in 3rd place at the end. The two factory Ducatis bested him for a 1-2 place on the box. Lorenzo redeemed himself winning the race by over 6 seconds. Ducati redesigning the tank so Lorenzo could support himself by achieving a Spider-Man lock with his legs and expending less energy holding himself up in turns was his breakthrough from mediocrity. I think because of this result, the factory Ducati team will resign Lorenzo with a pay cut so he is on equal compensation with Dovi.
Márquez could not save a front end slide that happened when he was in 2nd place and attacking Lorenzo. He remounted after his lowside but finished in 16th place which is equal to a DNF and scores 0 points. This misfortune allowed his competition to narrow down his points lead. Rossi is in 2nd place now 23 points behind, Viñales is in 3rd position, Dovi 4th, and Zarco 5th with only a 8 point spread from 2nd to 5th.

Last edited by D675R; 06-03-2018 at 11:59 AM.
D675R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 05:48 PM   #65
Sembalap

I concur. Suzuki dynamic duo performed very well, and Ianonne gave Rossi couple of impressive attacks.
Old 06-06-2018, 02:18 PM   #66
D675R
Tona agility, FTW !!!

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR250R

Huge changes for 2019 !!!!
Lorenzo signed a two year contract with the factory Repsol Honda team. Petrucci signed a one year deal with the factory Ducati team.
MM & JL on Honda (the Spanish Armada) vs AD & DP on Ducati (the Italian mafia). Should be entertaining and let’s see how JL adopts to the RC213V (it’s a point and shoot bike unlike the Yamaha M1 and much harder to ride than the Ducati GP18).
Will the two biggest egos in MotoGP conflict as teammates ????
Old 06-06-2018, 05:18 PM   #67
Jebus

So....
1. Lorenzo is arrogant and says the team didn't believe in him after a win ( move, imo).
2. Lorenzo decided to sign with Honda
3. Marquez pretty much 'allowed' this instead of a younger rider because his conditions for Honda is to 'have a fast teammate'
4. Lorenzo has always complained about his team riders receiving more attention and treatment than him...
5. No way Lorenzo will have more attention than Marquez from Honda
This is going to be fun (next year).

On a side note... I'm rather sad about Pedrosa. Luck was not on his side. I tended to sympathize with him a bit after his comments in 'Hitting the Apex.' He talked about him enjoying the experience and learning to deal with loss. I rather liked the guy after that.
Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 07:58 PM   #68
i28
knight who says Ni!

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2015 FZ-07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
On a side note... I'm rather sad about Pedrosa. Luck was not on his side. I tended to sympathize with him a bit after his comments in 'Hitting the Apex.' He talked about him enjoying the experience and learning to deal with loss. I rather liked the guy after that.
My fav guy from MotoGP cause of his attitude. Just seems like a good dude who is willing to admit it when he's wrong.
i28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 09:50 PM   #69
D675R
Tona agility, FTW !!!

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR250R

Pedrosa = full of heart but empty on luck,
nicest guy on the grid, a very clean rider without ego or entitlement issues.
I feel bad for him because he seems to be fading from his best performance days. Wondering if he will follow the path of Nicky Hayden (to a satellite GP team and then backwards to WSBK) to make room for the massive amount of young talent graduating from Moto2 and Moto3 ???
One persistent mistake I see riders make when trying to ride faster: Using too much lean, too late in the corner, well after the apex of a turn. This is precisely where you want to be on the gas not increasing lean. Remedy: use reference points for tip in and use a strong countersteer input to quickly flick the bike to max lean at tip in
Old 06-16-2018, 05:54 AM   #70
EMR6

Bike(s):
2013 R6
2014 Ninja 300

MM doing it again.

EMR6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement