socalsportbikes.org socalsportbikes.org
Register Member Map Media Calendar Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SOCALSPORTBIKES.ORG - Forums > Classifieds > Motorcycles For Sale
Forgot info?

Welcome to THE NEW socalsportbikes.org, Southern California's Sportbike Forum! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our FREE community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!
Its FREE!
Register through Facebook Register quicker using facebook

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook for regular shirt giveaways and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2019, 12:21 PM   #1
wickeddtuna

Feedback Rating: (0)

2008 SUZUKI GSXR 600

Year

Make
SUZUKI

Model
GSX-R600

Mileage

Asking Price

Contact Info
951-818-0117 devin

*Serious inquires only*

Selling a mint condition 2008 GSXR600 Kelly Blue Book values the same bike with 25k+ miles at $5500 with no mods

Clean Title...Runs like a champ
14,500 Original Miles and owner
Tags up to date 2020
Tires are good
Full Yoshimura exhaust (1,100.00)
Ecu flash and tune (400.00)
Power commander (500.00)
Oem gsxr gel seat (180.00)
Zero gravity windscreen
Comes with both stock seats
No scratches super clean

Pink slip in hand
951-818-0117 located in riverside
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01414_367Hpi7l9Vu_600x450.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	74016   Click image for larger version

Name:	00m0m_bsPkBr3bwou_600x450.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	74017   Click image for larger version

Name:	00202_hLhhkzY6dKl_600x450.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	74018  

Click image for larger version

Name:	00t0t_k1MBTKUvGZn_600x450.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	74019  
wickeddtuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-23-2019, 01:58 PM   #2
Mr. Blue

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Yamaha: R6 & WR250R
Triumph: Tiger 1200
Honda: VTX

Seems like you're only interested in using the marketplace... Are you contributing to the site? Are you a dealer?
Mr. Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 02:42 PM   #3
motodad

Bike(s):
2017 KTM Adv 1090 R
2016 KTM Duke 690

Quote:
Ecu flash and tune (400.00)
Power commander (500.00)
Why a power commander behind an ECU flash? If it is tuned correctly the PC is not needed. That could actually cause fueling problems depending if the PC was installed without an AutoTune module.
motodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 10:51 PM   #4
MrGreen

Bike(s):
2014 Ninja 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by motodad View Post
Why a power commander behind an ECU flash? If it is tuned correctly the PC is not needed. That could actually cause fueling problems depending if the PC was installed without an AutoTune module.

How do you flash the ECU correctly?

My Flashtune Flash that was on my FZ07 when i purchased it was done by 2 Wheel Dynoworks and it was absolute . They claim they designed that flash with their own expertise. Extremely rich and I ended up having to buy a Flashtune Activetune to correct it.

Due to this experience, Iíll be adding a PC to my Suzuki whenever I save up enough to remove the cat. Itís flashed because I want factory restrictions removed from the ECU. The cat needs to be removed because no track plastic belly pans will fit over the cat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MrGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 05:16 PM   #5
i28
this is not a pipe

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2015 FZ-07

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGreen View Post
My Flashtune Flash that was on my FZ07 when i purchased it was done by 2 Wheel Dynoworks and it was absolute . They claim they designed that flash with their own expertise. Extremely rich and I ended up having to buy a Flashtune Activetune to correct it.
Thanks for the review. Glad I never got that flash. I always figured an auto tune was miles ahead of a flash.
What made you think it was too rich?
i28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 06:02 PM   #6
MrGreen

Bike(s):
2014 Ninja 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by i28 View Post
Thanks for the review. Glad I never got that flash. I always figured an auto tune was miles ahead of a flash.

What made you think it was too rich?

Heavy fuel consumption (low 20s mpg), fuel smell, poor performance (power)

It was all immediately corrected when I installed the ActiveTune.

Yeah since the FZ07 is purchased by a lot of beginners, that company runs a pretty strong game on the FZ07 forum. Guy I bought the bike from said the flash was awesome...

But! Your bike might be different! It may work for some.

Liked this post:
Old 05-25-2019, 12:14 AM   #7
motodad

Bike(s):
2017 KTM Adv 1090 R
2016 KTM Duke 690

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGreen View Post
How do you flash the ECU correctly?

Due to this experience, I’ll be adding a PC to my Suzuki whenever I save up enough to remove the cat. It’s flashed because I want factory restrictions removed from the ECU. The cat needs to be removed because no track plastic belly pans will fit over the cat.

Hmm... So are you asking 'flash the ECU correctly' or 'tune the ECU correctly'? To me those are 2 different things.

When I say tuner, I am referring to person that put the bike on a dyno, has the right equipment to read/write to the ECU and has the knowledge to know how to build fuel maps, set ignition timing, etc...

If a tuner (person, not a device) does not flash an ECU correctly, you will know because you will most likely be either buying a new ECU or having a deal wipe your ECU and re-install the stock map/codeset.

If said tuner can map the ECU correctly, then the PC will cause problems because the stock ECU will now be doing the correct things pre-signal into the PC. But the PC may not know that without the AutoTune. I have had custom maps put on several motorcycles, dirt and street. It takes an unlocked ECU and a tuner that knows what an ECU does and how to program it. Basically build a stock replacement map.

For me, back in 2001, when the new GSXR came out, I bought one immediately to race WSMC and AFM. I had access to a great tuner in NorCal that built a map with my mods on their dyno. Finding a good tuner, is hard to find. Sometimes a good tuner (person not device) can be hard to find, or an ECU is locked, in which case a PC is the best choice!!

I have never used FlashTune or TuneECU but I have used the KTM user setting tool prior to locked ECUs. I have also replaced complete ECUs with aftermarket. I think PC's are great as well and have had them on a few bikes but they are unnecessary when you already have a good tune in the the ECU. PC is a great bolt-on for most people to do instead of custom mapping directly to the ECU because of cost and simplicity.

Sounds like 2 Wheel Dynoworks used a generic map on your FZ07.

If your Suzuki is already flashed, why not have the tuner (person) do another map once the cat is removed vs a piggy back PC? If you do the PC as well, definitely do the AutoTune because it will plug into O2 bung and read the exhaust to determine mapping changes necessary vs best guess that the PC will have to do if it is only reading the intercepted ECU parameters and not what the output (exhaust) looks like.

BTW, I am getting ready to buy another PC because one of my bikes has a locked ECU and no aftermarket (in the US) makes a replacement ECU but I will also do the AutoTune.

EDIT: I read your post closer... So it sounds like the tune on your Suzuki was to change specific non-fuelling parameters so like change rev limit, open drive modes, ABS, etc.. If it does not have any changes to fueling or timing, then you can a PC should be fine behind that flash.

Last edited by motodad; 05-25-2019 at 12:19 AM.
motodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 12:57 AM   #8
MrGreen

Bike(s):
2014 Ninja 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by motodad View Post
Hmm... So are you asking 'flash the ECU correctly' or 'tune the ECU correctly'? To me those are 2 different things.

For me, back in 2001, when the new GSXR came out, I bought one immediately to race WSMC and AFM. I had access to a great tuner in NorCal that built a map with my mods on their dyno. Finding a good tuner, is hard to find. Sometimes a good tuner (person not device) can be hard to find, or an ECU is locked, in which case a PC is the best choice!!

Exactly. Itís as simple as that itís highly unrealistic that youíre going to find a proper ECU ďtunerĒ without having to travel to the point of it not really being worth it at all. Remove the restrictions from the ECU, find a good Dynojet ďtuner ď that is much more accessible, get a good map with your bike on the dyno, then toss in an auto tuner if you like. Use your own laptop to work with your bike as you please after that.

I have a feeling Iíll get by with that.

Old 05-25-2019, 08:56 PM   #9
hbwesman

Bike(s):
2016 S1000R

Oops wrong thread.....
hbwesman is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement