socalsportbikes.org socalsportbikes.org
Register Member Map Media Calendar Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SOCALSPORTBIKES.ORG - Forums > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to THE NEW socalsportbikes.org, Southern California's Sportbike Forum! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our FREE community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!
Its FREE!
Register through Facebook Register quicker using facebook

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE SOCALSPORTBIKES.ORG DECALS mailed to your door

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2015, 05:08 PM   #741
UV1000
UV Plasma Lighted Funda

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2005 GSXR1000 UV*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kojiiro View Post
There is actually some logic to it.

I am transferring back overseas at the end of the year.

I have been itching for a different ride and actually wanted a supermoto. All the ones I found were beat up or too expensive. I figured I am going to buy a new bike in Japan regardless. Now is the time to experience something different. If I dont like the 300, I am going back to a 600. The 300 will be sold at the end of the year no matter what.

If I like it, I may stay with a small bike, but right now I am missing certain aspects of the 600s.

On top of that, this bike retails for ~$5000, so at the dealership its probably going to be $6000 OTD.

The previous owner put 94 miles on it, got scared and sold it to me for $4500. Good deal if you ask me.
I just read your for sale info. and checked out the DOD regs. for overseas shipment. those fees are stupid ridic. Now I get why you did what you did. But definitely don't go through that shipping cost and hassle. Your going to Japan huh. That's a very interesting place to get involved with a smaller sport bike. Get one there for sure. I never got to PCS to Japan, (only remote Korea) in the AF, but I can say that I landed and walked on Yokota ground, for a few hours. hah. same with Alaska and Hawaii. Hope it's a good tour.
UV1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-15-2015, 05:48 PM   #742
kojiiro
Forum Supporter

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2016 R25

Quote:
Originally Posted by UV1000 View Post
I just read your for sale info. and checked out the DOD regs. for overseas shipment. those fees are stupid ridic. Now I get why you did what you did. But definitely don't go through that shipping cost and hassle. Your going to Japan huh. That's a very interesting place to get involved with a smaller sport bike. Get one there for sure. I never got to PCS to Japan, (only remote Korea) in the AF, but I can say that I landed and walked on Yokota ground, for a few hours. hah. same with Alaska and Hawaii. Hope it's a good tour.
This will by my third tour actually. There is some confusion though. The military will ship the bike for free. The Government of Japan will charge a certain amount for any imported vehicle to pass a brake test as well as an emissions test, not to mention making sure the bike is road worthy ( I am guessing headlights, speedo, horn, signals, etc). The speed limit there is really slow too so n point in owning a super fast bike unless I plan on using that as my commuter and track bike.

Currently I am pretty satisfied with it. Like I said its going to sell at the end of the year regardless. I really want to buy new S20s for it but cant, if I only have ~2500 miles left of riding between now and my pack out.
Old 12-22-2016, 11:09 AM   #743
Rocket
Hero

Experience: 10+ years

Cool Saint Nick is bringing me this DOT & SNELL 2015 approved lid for less . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by UV1000 View Post

Hey Never2big,
nice helmet!

Here is my RPHA helmet,
slightly modified but Mr. Happy approved !

Never thought I'd buy a HJC but I couldn't resist the colors.

The ghost flames change color from blue to purple in different light.

The broken glass effect was my add on.

I didn't like their ugly logo on my forehead.

Paid about $350 on sale.
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 07:44 AM   #744
centerstand65

Me Too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by never2big View Post
I'm a sucker for helmets...especially race replicas....so I sold the scorpion and picked this up
Me, too. I'm also a sucker for helmets. I bought mine off of eBay from a guy who never washes his hair, and rolls out of bed and into his lid, first thing in the morning, sweats in it all day, and doesn't take it off until the sun sets. The sweaty smell inside the helmet is awesome.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	old_hot_lid.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	74152  
centerstand65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement