socalsportbikes.org socalsportbikes.org
Register Member Map Media Calendar Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SOCALSPORTBIKES.ORG - Forums > Classifieds > Motorcycles For Sale
Forgot info?

Welcome to THE NEW socalsportbikes.org, Southern California's Sportbike Forum! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our FREE community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!
Its FREE!
Register through Facebook Register quicker using facebook

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook for regular shirt giveaways and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2017, 04:29 PM   #1
rgbeard
Forum Supporter

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2001 Speed Triple
2001 Triumph Trophy
2003 GSXR 1000

Member Garage Member Garage

2011 Monster - Local

Year

Make

Model

Mileage

Asking Price

Contact Info

Someone needs to steal this.

The seller is a member here.

http://advrider.com/index.php?thread...-bike.1270432/

Not sayin'. Just sayin'. I wish I had the room in my garage for the bike.

I'm a fan of things that ride, fly and drive.

IBA: 63413
rgbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2017, 04:36 PM   #2
FightingChance

Bike(s):
2007 CBR-600RR
1998 VFR800

que?
FightingChance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 05:23 PM   #3
rgbeard
Forum Supporter

Bike(s):
2001 Speed Triple
2001 Triumph Trophy
2003 GSXR 1000

Member Garage Member Garage

I’m just saying, the price is a steal and is like to see someone from here get it.

I'm a fan of things that ride, fly and drive.

IBA: 63413
rgbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 05:25 PM   #4
FightingChance

Bike(s):
2007 CBR-600RR
1998 VFR800

Oh, I mean, I don't see anything/the forum doesn't show the post if you're not a member, which is a bummer
FightingChance is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 01-06-2018, 09:25 AM   #5
aNgRyAgEnT
Forum Supporter
Para Bellum

Bike(s):
CBR1000rr
CRF450r

Post a pic of the bike and the details please..
Old 01-06-2018, 11:17 AM   #6
BMW-K

Bike(s):
F800GS
Triumph 765 RS
WR250R

FS: 2011 Monster 1100 EVO (*Parts or Project Bike)

$3,000. Pink slip in hand.

Bike is located in Anaheim, CA. I suggest a local pick up but can ship at buyers expense.

Disclosure: One Owner, Salvage Title, runs on one cylinder. Full receipts.

Whoa – wait, salvage title? I bet you’re ready to run away already, right? Not so fast! This might be the perfect Gem in the making for the handy person…or the rider who wants the parts! Read on for one of the great opportunities for the enterprising person – fix it and you have an incredible ride. Part it and you are sure to make a profit.

Before you ask, I just don’t have the time nor inclination to part it out myself so it makes more sense to me to offer this EVO at a great price that’s a win-win.

Bike will be sold with all original and spare parts that I have…which includes the OEM shock.

So let’s talk about the bike, shall we?

1. $2200 of Suspension: this bike rides on a 25mm GP Suspension Fork cartridge kit and springs ($1300!) and a Penske 8975 ($870!). The suspension was purchased and installed 10/1/2013. This is, single handedly, the best suspended bike I’ve ever ridden on. Smooth, supple, it takes the harsh edge out of highway imperfections and at the same time is firmer and more controlled. I purchased this suspension with the full intent of moving it from one bike to the next…but in the end I’m going a completely different direction. OEM Shock included!

2. $600 of Exhaust: Arrow titanium “full” exhaust. Wait, Arrow doesn’t make a full exhaust for a monster – and you’d be right! I took the headers to a race shop and hand them remove the flapper assembly / weld up the bung. This is a straight through exhaust with 2mm of total restriction. The sound is amazing and while I can’t recall I do believe the net result is 11# of weight savings. Duc-EE eliminator plug in included! The bike also has the full MWR Stage 3 airbox conversion. Can you say “free breathing”?

3. $300 ECU Termi Reflash : yes indeed, to make sure it ran right I also had the ECU flashed to Termi settings. Gone is the 4,000 rpm flat spot!

4. SpeedyMoto frame sliders.

5. Oxford heated grips! (*I might pull those off the bike and relocate them to a new ride…so act now before I make the switch!)

So let’s stop right here for a moment: That’s $3100 of value right there. If you had a stock EVO right now and were thinking about improving the suspension and exhaust, you’d be ahead of the game by $600 RIGHT NOW by buying this bike and swapping the parts over…and then you’d have a near complete spares bike on hand! Extra wheels, brakes, calipers, swingarm – even a quick change Sprocket Carrier/Sprocket/Chain ready to go! Or, you could sell the wheels and other remaining parts and end up with a near free suspension upgrade!

But wait, it’s a salvage title? Yes, yes it is! But fear not – it was not a crashed bike. A rock was kicked up on a ride and smacked into the crank-case, creating a leak at around 8,000 miles of ownership. I called insurance – who promptly gave the choice of Salvage and a payout…or a fix. I chose the Salvage and payout…purchased the bike back and bought a $6 tube of JB Weld. The bike now has just shy of 24,000 miles and it the JB has held wonderfully.

But why are you selling it now? Well, I was on a ride to Monterey with my best friends when something happened. It was a loud backfire and then immediately started running on one cylinder. We managed to limp into an AutoZone parking lot in Taft, CA where we tried to diagnose the problem. The bike turns over (albeit very sluggishly) and will “run” on one cylinder (the forward cylinder). There is no excessive valve train noise or crankcase noise…we definitely have spark. Best guess is a blown injector. This could be an easy fix...but I am no mechanic so this is pure guesswork.

So bring a truck or a trailer by…or borrow my Harbor Freight folding trailer (*Or hey, you could even buy the trailer off me for $200!) and you are good to go!

Heck, I’ll even help load the bike for you. J

As I said, this is the right deal for the right person. The bike might even be perfectly serviceable if someone knows how to fix this bike.

Email me at rnovielli at me dot com 714-747-7one one one.

Best regards and happy riding!

Robert.

Look at that sexy Penkske!

No flapper bung here!

See that discolored gray? JB Weld baby!

GP 25mm Cartridge Kit forks - incredible stuff!

Again, $3,000. See you soon!
BMW-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 11:18 AM   #7
BMW-K

Bike(s):
F800GS
Triumph 765 RS
WR250R

I suck at resizing pix. /sigh...but at least you can see as much detail as you can dream of!
Old 01-06-2018, 12:02 PM   #8
thtanner
VFR Rider

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
14 VFR800 FE
98 VFR800 FI
86 Vulcan 750

If you buy this, don't be surprised if you need another engine, though. One hole is already patched with JB..
thtanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 02:14 PM   #9
BMW-K

Bike(s):
F800GS
Triumph 765 RS
WR250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by thtanner View Post
If you buy this, don't be surprised if you need another engine, though. One hole is already patched with JB..
/shrug. I put 20k on that motor that way and it was serviced by SBK Corse 1500 miles ago. There are no unusual sounds other than running on one cylinder - meaning, no grinding, banging or otherwise.
Liked this post:

Advertisement