socalsportbikes.org socalsportbikes.org
Register Member Map Media Calendar Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SOCALSPORTBIKES.ORG - Forums > Classifieds > Motorcycle Parts and Accessories
Forgot info?

Welcome to THE NEW socalsportbikes.org, Southern California's Sportbike Forum! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our FREE community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!
Its FREE!
Register through Facebook Register quicker using facebook

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE SOCALSPORTBIKES.ORG DECALS mailed to your door

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2019, 08:30 PM   #1
OOTV

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
09 Honda VFR800
01 Honda VFR800
95 Ducati 900SS/SP

Used tires

Item(s) For Sale:
Used tires

Asking Price:
$20-$50

Is the item new or used?
USED

Hey all, I have a few sets of tires that are old but with plenty of tread on them. They might be good for wearing out on the track, an emergency set to keep you going while you save up for a new set or to do burn outs until they bust, that'll be your call.

Long story short the set of Pirelli Super Corsa SP2 are on a set of spare wheels I keep for my commuter if/when I go to the track, these are dated 2015/2016. Although they are older than some would like, they have been stored in my garage and used only a few hundred miles. IMO they are still good but I feel if I don't get rid of them soon, they'll just go to waste. So my loss is your gain.

I also have a set of Michelin Pilot Power 3 dated 2014, these might be good for doing some stunting and just burning them out on the pavement.

The last set are Michelin Road 5 dated 2017 with about 10K miles on them with some squaring pattern due to lots of commuter miles. These might be good for keeping your ride going while you save up for your new set.

I have a tire changer and tools so you can always ride over and I'll even mount and balance them for you (slight fee may apply...BTW, I do like me some Lagunitas IPA hint, hint)

Anyway, figured pricing will be based on the quality and/or usefulness of the tire, the PP3 $20 (each), the Road 5 $50 (for the set) The Diablo Super Corsa Sp2 $30 (each)

Just a note I will not be readily available until this Sunday and a couple of evenings the starting of next week but they are currently mounted to rims so I would need to demount them if you're just interested if the tires and not mounting.

SORRY FOR THE VERY LARGE IMAGE FILES...

Please send PM
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5044.jpeg
Views:	80
Size:	2.98 MB
ID:	74115   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5045.jpeg
Views:	74
Size:	2.75 MB
ID:	74116   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5046.jpeg
Views:	75
Size:	2.65 MB
ID:	74117  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5047.jpeg
Views:	75
Size:	2.88 MB
ID:	74118   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5235.jpeg
Views:	72
Size:	2.37 MB
ID:	74119  
Advertisement
Old 09-11-2019, 02:45 PM   #2
mikesx4911

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2011 CBR1000RR
2005 CBR600RR (Totaled)
2000 CBR600 F4 (Stolen)
2010 CBR600RR Leyla (Totaled)

Holy these photos are large lol
Old 09-14-2019, 07:10 PM   #3
OOTV

Bike(s):
09 Honda VFR800
01 Honda VFR800
95 Ducati 900SS/SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesx4911 View Post
Holy these photos are large lol
Can't figure out how to edit the post to delete the links and just have the thumbnails...
Old 09-14-2019, 07:36 PM   #4
thepretender

Bike(s):
2025 BMW S1000R
2014 Honda VFR
2002 Yamaha VMAX

Not like the whole world is beating a path to this site to see them They sorta fit on my 4k monitor lol
Old 09-15-2019, 10:22 PM   #5
Big_Panda
Forum Supporter

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2004 Honda VFR800
1991 Harley Davidson FLHS
2013 Aprilia RSV4 Factory SE
2001 GSXR-750 (Track only)

So, I could actually use some new tires. Which set have the most tread left, the PR5? I am pretty tempted to come down to you and have you switch em out. And I'm willing to bet they will fit perfectly on my VFR!
Old 09-16-2019, 09:55 PM   #6
OOTV

Bike(s):
09 Honda VFR800
01 Honda VFR800
95 Ducati 900SS/SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Panda View Post
So, I could actually use some new tires. Which set have the most tread left, the PR5? I am pretty tempted to come down to you and have you switch em out. And I'm willing to bet they will fit perfectly on my VFR!
In all honesty, the best set I have are the Pirelli Super Corsas. These are actually on the VFR spare wheels which I throw on when I do track time with my commuter. Very low mileage but warning, if you ride fast in the canyons and/or do a lot of track time, they will not last long but you will not doubt their grip!

The Road 5 set do have decent amount tread but they are squaring off and I would only recommend them as a temporary set to get you through until you have money or a new set.

At the moment I believe my Wednesday and Friday this week I'll be working from home, so if you have time during the week on those days let me know and I'll pull them off for you.
Old 09-17-2019, 07:25 PM   #7
thepretender

Bike(s):
2025 BMW S1000R
2014 Honda VFR
2002 Yamaha VMAX

The Road 5s are not near where I would have replaced them so there may be a commuter out there that would love them. Big Panda I suspect is closer to not liking them than not but don't let that scare everybody off. There are enough spider webs on these things somebody should grab up these tires All of them, hard to believe nobody out there needs good cheap tires.
Liked this post:
Old 09-20-2019, 05:34 PM   #8
Big_Panda
Forum Supporter

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2004 Honda VFR800
1991 Harley Davidson FLHS
2013 Aprilia RSV4 Factory SE
2001 GSXR-750 (Track only)

Im looking to replace the tires on my VFR that are a touch past their wear bars. I use it as a commuter 90% of the time and want whichever ones will give me the longest tread wear, I suspect thats the PR5s. Plus my PR4s are already squared so I wont even notice the difference!

OOTV ill hit you up in a DM
Closed Thread

Advertisement