socalsportbikes.org socalsportbikes.org
Register Member Map Media Calendar Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SOCALSPORTBIKES.ORG - Forums > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to THE NEW socalsportbikes.org, Southern California's Sportbike Forum! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our FREE community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!
Its FREE!
Register through Facebook Register quicker using facebook

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE SOCALSPORTBIKES.ORG DECALS mailed to your door

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2019, 03:12 PM   #21
VFRCapt.Bob

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
99 VFR800
09 FZ1
YZ426f
YZ250f
CR125r

Local forums will always lack the numbers of international make specific forums. They have resources specific to it's members and a larger potential base to draw from. These are usually well moderated as politics/religion on an international level is untenable. Instant total combustion.
Protecting the spirit of community and friendship in a smaller local forum is even more vital I think. Moderators get complacent allow bullying and poisoning of the well with politics and disrespect of people's religious beliefs.
I miss the days when men where men and just shut up about all that stuff. Truth is people get fed up and leave. There are always better things to do than chat on a board. Unless it's enjoyable.
And btw. Excellent comments above.
VFRCapt.Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-15-2019, 10:21 AM   #22
Rocket
Hero

Trackdays: 10+

Cool Bike Night in north Menifee & south Perris area *

Always check the Calendar *

Just like the good old days *
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 09-01-2019, 05:10 PM   #23
FightingChance

Bike(s):
2007 CBR-600RR
1998 VFR800

I like joining my bike specific forum for info specific to my bike (600rr.net) and then the local riding forum, for contacts and networking with local riders.

At the outset this was forums, of which there was like 4 different back ends but they all kind of looked alike and functioned the same.

But man, as a guy that does computer work all day, the user experience with forums was and continues to be terrible! They're slow, clunky, difficult to find info, visually cluttered, the search never really worked right, posting an image was always too difficult, etc. Not surprised in the least that interaction is going down. A thing I like about smartphones is that they have a clean sheet design and a limit on what you can do on them so they have a certain clarity of purpose that desktop computers don't have. So I'm not exactly sad that forums are fading, however Facebook is sort of a dumpster fire so I'd rather not be forced into keeping FB for groups there which aren't a super great replacement for forums.

So, it's just the cycle of things. Things change, as they always have and always will.
FightingChance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 10:41 AM   #24
dougiefresh67
aka Backmarker!

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2006 KLR 650
2004 KXF 400

Does anyone know of a really active motorcycle form anymore?
Old 09-06-2019, 05:08 PM   #25
Bultaco Bullet

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4 1000s (2)
MV Agusta F3 800
MV Agusta Brutale 910S
Ducati 1098s Tricolore
Aprilia RSV4 Factory SE

mvagusta.net
This is an international forum, but they gather once a year at The Tail Of The Dragon for a week of drinking, bench-Racing, drinking, group rides, more drinking, and camaraderie.
They only drink at night AFTER all the riding is done. The US riders bring extra bikes for those coming in from other countries. Very few political discussions on this forum.
Bultaco Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 08:16 PM   #26
hbwesman

Bike(s):
2016 S1000R

Things go in seasons....weather changes moods. People come, go, and come back. Life happens.

I made a few new riding buddies out in SFV from a craigslist sale of all things back in January. They are not forum members but pretty active on Meetup.com. We were riding 2-3 weekends a month there for a while... had a good run till on of them got banged up on a Honda Grom.

If I could quite my 9-5, pick up some sponsorship, etc... I would take command of this ship and create the best GD local riding group and forum around. Rides, BBQ's, Trackdays, you name it.
hbwesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 09-20-2019, 10:28 PM   #27
franco802
Forum Supporter

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2015 Yamaha FZ09
2008 Harley Davidson Night Rod

Haven't been on here for a minute. Just thought I'd post up and say hello. I was one of the first peeps on this forum and then became a moderator. Some of you are right, forums aren't what they use to be.
franco802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 12:50 PM   #28
Rocket
Hero

Cool Both Hayabusa.oRg & LAbusas are doing fine *

Quote:
Originally Posted by franco802 View Post

Have not been on
here for a minute .

Just thought
I would post
up and say
hello . . .

I was one of
the first peeps
on this forum
and then became
a moderator . . .

Some of you are right ,
forums are not what
they use to be .

https://www.socalsportbikes.org/foru...er.php?u=20243

Last edited by Rocket; 09-21-2019 at 12:54 PM.
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 10-14-2019, 11:28 AM   #29
NoExpert

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2014 Yamaha YZF-R1 Rapid Red

I havenít ridden since April 2018, seriously need to get my R1 shipped over here. Iím almost nonexistent on forums these days, work and life are just too busy. Plus without the motorcycle Iím exploring things by car, which isnít nearly as fun, but also donít get wet when it rains (all the time lately).

Motorcycle forums are dying, just like the sport bike market. Weíre living in different times now.

Advertisement