socalsportbikes.org socalsportbikes.org
Register Member Map Media Calendar Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SOCALSPORTBIKES.ORG - Forums > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to THE NEW socalsportbikes.org, Southern California's Sportbike Forum! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our FREE community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!
Its FREE!
Register through Facebook Register quicker using facebook

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook for regular shirt giveaways and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2018, 10:06 AM   #1
rgbeard
Forum Supporter

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2001 Speed Triple
2001 Triumph Trophy
2003 GSXR 1000

Member Garage Member Garage

It was a windy and blustery morning.

The morning of Christmas Eve was, by my standard, a windy, blustery day. I watched the palm trees out the window, looking towards the Pacific, and they were fully fanned and beginning to bend in submission to the wind.

The skies were clear, a great day is ahead of me. My wife blocked my calendar so I can take all the time I want. I've nothing to do except go for a nice ride. Christmas day is going to be a bit more active with weather, and I have other plans for it.

I wasn't really happy.

It was the wind, you see. Sometimes, on a motorcycle, I just don't like it. I'd sooner ride in rain, and have done so on plenty of occasions. But I'd planned the ride, and convinced myself to go.

I got just out of the village, and into the first canyon, and was getting blown all over. "Oh no!" I said to myself, in my helmet. But just about then, one of those other voices came about with my necessary attitude adjustment.

"My dear ,", it said... "there are people in Pennsylvania that would kill for this riding weather. You don't appreciate how nice it is."

That was it. My attitude changed 180deg and I had a great ride. There's nothing like cruising through Mexico's wine country. It was a great hour to clear the cobwebs from the brain, and let loose of stress from my work. It's so much fun to see a real cowboy on a horse. One that's not doing this for a stunt. It's his real life and real transportation. It's great to pass acres and acres of grapes, and see

I don't have any great pictures, and no other great stories. It's just a lesson to not take this great part of the continent for granted, and stop being a whiny baby. Don't we all need that advice sometime in our lives?

Go ride.
I hope your Holidays have been, and continue to be great. Let's make 2019 an awesome year!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zzzyyyz.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	73968  

I'm a fan of things that ride, fly and drive.

IBA: 63413
rgbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Advertisement
Old 12-29-2018, 10:15 AM   #2
fz_289

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2015 Yamaha FZ-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgbeard View Post
The morning of Christmas Eve was, by my standard, a windy, blustery day. I watched the palm trees out the window, looking towards the Pacific, and they were fully fanned and beginning to bend in submission to the wind.

The skies were clear, a great day is ahead of me. My wife blocked my calendar so I can take all the time I want. I've nothing to do except go for a nice ride. Christmas day is going to be a bit more active with weather, and I have other plans for it.

I wasn't really happy.

It was the wind, you see. Sometimes, on a motorcycle, I just don't like it. I'd sooner ride in rain, and have done so on plenty of occasions. But I'd planned the ride, and convinced myself to go.

I got just out of the village, and into the first canyon, and was getting blown all over. "Oh no!" I said to myself, in my helmet. But just about then, one of those other voices came about with my necessary attitude adjustment.

"My dear ,", it said... "there are people in Pennsylvania that would kill for this riding weather. You don't appreciate how nice it is."

That was it. My attitude changed 180deg and I had a great ride. There's nothing like cruising through Mexico's wine country. It was a great hour to clear the cobwebs from the brain, and let loose of stress from my work. It's so much fun to see a real cowboy on a horse. One that's not doing this for a stunt. It's his real life and real transportation. It's great to pass acres and acres of grapes, and see

I don't have any great pictures, and no other great stories. It's just a lesson to not take this great part of the continent for granted, and stop being a whiny baby. Don't we all need that advice sometime in our lives?

Go ride.

I hope your Holidays have been, and continue to be great. Let's make 2019 an awesome year!
Well said!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
fz_289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 11:21 AM   #3
OOTV

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
09 Honda VFR800
01 Honda VFR800
95 Ducati 900SS/SP

Windy and cold, although just as unpredictable as wet weather riding, if the skies are clear and you have the gear, get out and ride! I was not really a fan of wet weather riding, mostly due to others on the road but again, having the right gear for it, it can be just as enjoyable as a fair weathered day.

TLDR: Get out and ride!
OOTV is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement