socalsportbikes.org socalsportbikes.org
Register Member Map Media Calendar Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SOCALSPORTBIKES.ORG - Forums > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to THE NEW socalsportbikes.org, Southern California's Sportbike Forum! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our FREE community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!
Its FREE!
Register through Facebook Register quicker using facebook

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE SOCALSPORTBIKES.ORG DECALS mailed to your door

Advertisement

View Poll Results: Is Lorenzo done?
He is not done and come back big time multi podiums. 0 0%
Done send him home on a Goldwing to retire. 2 28.57%
Not done but a few seasons of mid pack performance. 5 71.43%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2019, 01:40 PM   #1
thepretender

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2025 BMW S1000R
2014 Honda VFR
2002 Yamaha VMAX

Lorenzo done or not?

Lorenzo seems to be done injuries have messed with his head. The question is can he come back or not. Personally I think he might as well retire but he is a tough son of a and has or had mad skills and I could be just plain wrong. What say you?
thepretender is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-27-2019, 03:14 PM   #2
OOTV

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
09 Honda VFR800
01 Honda VFR800
95 Ducati 900SS/SP

Iím actually in between the first and last choices but I went with the last choice. This last race he was 1:06 behind the winner! Even first time Honda rider Johan Zarco was way ahead of that. If he stays with Honda for next year, I think he may have a few mid pack performances but I donít think heíll be a the level he was at Ducati, never mind Yamaha, unless Honda tailor him a machine. Considering how MM has won Honda almost three titles this year on his own, Iím thinking they wonít do too much tailoring for JL.

Have never really been a fan of JL, he is/was a great rider though and has many records to his name but I think his ego got the better of him when he joined Honda thinking heíd be winning on three different manufacturers bikes. Unless his back injury is what is causing him to be so far behind, I think it is his ego that would keep him from retiring.
OOTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 10-30-2019, 09:14 PM   #3
FightingChance

Bike(s):
2007 CBR-600RR
1998 VFR800

I understand his decisions in the last few years, it's a pity that he started to get on with the Ducati but he had to make a decision before Ducati made a decision for him. If I were Honda, I would only have taken him on understanding that it was going to take about the same amount of time for Lorenzo to get acclimated to yet another new bike (and also the feeling is that the bike is built around Marquez who does not ride anything like Lorenzo). So I'm not sure how much is left in him, because the injury has complicated things, and I don't know how far he can go with Honda. He might do better with the satellite Yamaha, he could win a title again I think.
FightingChance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 09:02 PM   #4
Sembalap

I think Honda has plan B now, it's called Zarco. Honda doesn't have to accommodate Jorge's request to customize their bike next year so 99 is in really difficult position now.
Sembalap is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:

Advertisement