socalsportbikes.org socalsportbikes.org
Register Member Map Media Calendar Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SOCALSPORTBIKES.ORG - Forums > Classifieds > Want To Buy or Trade
Forgot info?

Welcome to THE NEW socalsportbikes.org, Southern California's Sportbike Forum! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our FREE community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!
Its FREE!
Register through Facebook Register quicker using facebook

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook for regular shirt giveaways and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2018, 08:42 PM   #1
Mrprofits213

Feedback Rating: (0)

Dealer/novelty paper plates

Looking to buy some dealer plates for my bike. I want moved it. Please be around the Los Angeles area I can pick it up. Thanks folks.
Mrprofits213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-15-2018, 10:22 PM   #2
i28
this is not a pipe

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2015 FZ-07

In case you plan to keep them on, dealer plates won't be around too much longer. A while ago a law passed (AB 516) requiring California dealers to issue temporary license plates beginning in 2019.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...nap-story.html

Last edited by i28; 12-15-2018 at 10:39 PM.
i28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 11:47 PM   #3
thepretender

Bike(s):
2025 BMW S1000R
2002 Honda VFR
2002 Yamaha VMAX

Myself and a friend have both ridden around with lost plates, myself about a week and my friend about a month without being stop by LEO. Don't ride like a asshat and you should be able to move you bike without issue.
thepretender is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 07:42 AM   #4
hbwesman

Bike(s):
2016 S1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by i28 View Post
In case you plan to keep them on, dealer plates won't be around too much longer. A while ago a law passed (AB 516) requiring California dealers to issue temporary license plates beginning in 2019.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...nap-story.html
"The bill aimed to stop toll-road cheats and ensure law enforcement officers can identify vehicles on the road."

Ha! Back in my highschool days, a friend of mine purposely left the dealer plates on his truck for what seemed like a year(no, really) so that we could blast through the toll roads when we headed south to surf.

Last edited by hbwesman; 12-16-2018 at 07:55 AM.
hbwesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 12-16-2018, 09:42 AM   #5
thtanner
VFR Rider

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
14 VFR800 FE
98 VFR800 FI
86 Vulcan 750

Well if the state would stop keeping roads toll when they've already paid for themselves 2x over, then people wouldn't cheat all the time. Looking at you 241.
thtanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 12-17-2018, 09:57 AM   #6
mikesx4911

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2011 CBR1000RR
2005 CBR600RR (Totaled)
2000 CBR600 F4 (Stolen)
2010 CBR600RR Leyla (Totaled)

So I bought a BMW 328i used about 2 yrs. ago. When I purchased the vehicle I was told by the dealer that I would recieve the plates from the DMV. Months went by and after I contacted the DMV they told me that they should of been on the car and that it should of been transferred from the previous owner.... I applied for custom plates another 6 months go by only for them to deny my request lol. And here I am still without plates HAHAHA! Going on three yrs now and I haven't had any issues. My windows are limo tint and my car plays movies in motion. I'm going to count my blessings for not having any issues lol.
mikesx4911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:46 AM   #7
Mr. Blue

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Yamaha: R6, WR250R, FZ1
Triumph: Tiger 1200
Honda: VTX

If your registration is current and insurance is paid, I personally wouldn't worry about it. Plates fall off/get stolen sometimes. However, I would not risk riding an unregistered and/or uninsured vehicle on public streets. Not sure what your situation is.
Mr. Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:

Advertisement