socalsportbikes.org socalsportbikes.org
Register Member Map Media Calendar Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SOCALSPORTBIKES.ORG - Forums > Safety Corner > Safety Corner Main
Forgot info?

Welcome to THE NEW socalsportbikes.org, Southern California's Sportbike Forum! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our FREE community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!
Its FREE!
Register through Facebook Register quicker using facebook

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE SOCALSPORTBIKES.ORG DECALS mailed to your door

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2016, 06:45 PM   #21
pelinors714
Forum Supporter

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Yamaha YZF-R1
2006 Kawasaki ZX6R (totaled)

i went from the RF-1200 to Arai Signet-Q cuz i found out i had a long oval head shape. never going back to anything else other than Arai. MUCH quieter and MUCH more comfortable than my RF-1200 and RF-1100. also had a Scorpion EXO-400, but it was a little large on me so i cant compare that either.
pelinors714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-14-2016, 08:48 PM   #22
RichieTurner

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2016 Yamaha R6

I have a Shoei X-14 and I absolutely love it.
RichieTurner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 09:08 PM   #23
Bultaco Bullet

Bike(s):
MV Agusta F4 1000s
MV Agusta F4 1000s
MV Agusta Brutale 910S
Ducati 1098s Tricolore
Aprilia RSV4 Factory SE

6D helmets

While I was at Laguna Seca last weekend, I had the opportunity to check out the 6D ATS-1 helmet. VERY impressive and innovative. It will soon be my next helmet.

Their patented technology basically puts small rubber shock absorbers between the foam inner liner and the outer shell. This means you get an important extra layer of protection. Another benefit is that it also absorbs side impacts much better than other helmets because it dampens rotational twist.

Pardon the play on words, but this is a "no brainer". A little pricey perhaps, but so is traumatic brain injury.
Bultaco Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 02:04 AM   #24
Qpon

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2016 Suzuki GSXR 750
2014 Kawasaki Ninja 300

Member Garage Member Garage

I have only worn the Shoei RF-1200 since it was my first and still my only helmet. I have no complaints about the quality and airflow. My opinion is going to be a bit biased since I haven't truly tried much else.

One thing I would mention is that I use the Sena 20s bluetooth unit. The RF1200 comes with detachable padding which you can place speakers into. The downside for me is that the speakers that came with the Sena 20s don't fit, so I had to mount it onto the padding itself. This resulted in annoyingly folding my ears every time I put the helmet back on, but with some fiddling I can unfold my ears and it's comfortable for hours of riding.

Hope this is helpful.
Qpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 12:01 PM   #25
Core2004CBR100
CoreCBR1000RR

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2004 CBR1000RR
2001 R6

I had 2 Shoei helmets before RF-1200 and I can't remember what the other was? Good helmets but expensive.

I two HJC's, they are garbage. Super load and my head would shake badly over 90 mph.

My last and best helmet in my opinion was a Bell Qualifier DLX. It comes with a Transitions shield for only $229. Excellent helmet for the price! I'm going to buy another one once my R6 is running correctly.
Core2004CBR100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 12:30 PM   #26
alaxjordan0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miruri View Post
I am in the market for a new helmet. My RPHA-10 has enough chips in it from riding that it is time to put it on the shelf and get something else. I recently have tried two helmets from Rezilla, both of which arrived below my expectations or did not meet my particular requirements. They were the Shark Race-R Pro and Schubreth SR-1.

What I am after is something high end, excellent air flow, exceptional build quality, and certified by DOT and SNELL. So what I have boiled my options down to are...

Shoei RF-1200, and Scorpion EXO R-2000. Both of these stand out to me as something unique, and no word on the arrival of the RPHA-11. What do you guys think?
I think we need to use a jacket, gloves, boots and hearing protection. If you don't use it them then you will suffer a lot of problem. If you don't use the hearing protection then you will suffer from noise-induced hearig loss.
So, every rider needs to use custom hearing protection to protect the hearing.

Please vist the following websites and get more information about hearing protection.

https://www.bigearinc.com/best-earpl...are-the-facts/

https://www.earplugsguide.com/best-m...cle-ear-plugs/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=IeMNnjPBsjU
alaxjordan0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 05:10 PM   #27
paul13131313

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2013 Fury
2015 Repsol SP

Cool

HJC and Shoei are the helmets for me.
1st HJC when I started back riding in 2007, was full face, light and inexpensive.
I've used the RPHA 10 PRO for years and have a spare, set of pads, with numerous gold shields. This is my every day helmet on commute on Fury chopper. It's roomy inside!
1st Shoei was X-11, full face, light and expensive. I've owned up to an X-14 also.
I have two different color RF1200's.They are so small and comfortable on the Repsol SP or Fury, riding on the weekends. It covers the head like a second skin.
Bell Star full face was my second helmet in 1978. It was a huge bowl with a port in front and very usable.
Just bought Bell Qualifier for a passenger with a rounder head shape for $110.
The HJC RPHA 10 PRO squeezed uncomfortably.
These brands I keep replacing.
I have a Badass CARBONAIR for styling on the Fury in town.
I have a Badass CARBONAIR and RPHA 10 PRO for my no helmet state riding back in Michigan. Full face for when it gets cold! There it's just gloves and earplugs for a ride to town.

Last edited by paul13131313; 07-20-2019 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Add text.
paul13131313 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement