socalsportbikes.org socalsportbikes.org
Register Member Map Media Calendar Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SOCALSPORTBIKES.ORG - Forums > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to THE NEW socalsportbikes.org, Southern California's Sportbike Forum! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our FREE community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!
Its FREE!
Register through Facebook Register quicker using facebook

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE SOCALSPORTBIKES.ORG DECALS mailed to your door

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2019, 06:07 PM   #1
rgbeard
Forum Supporter

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2001 Speed Triple
2001 Triumph Trophy
2003 GSXR 1000

Member Garage Member Garage

Laguna Seca - 2019!

As most of us know, Laguna Seca is a track that's continually under fire. The Highway 68 Coalition is always fighting Monterey County (the owner of the track), and pushes for more and more noise abatement. They'd like for nothing less than the raceway to turn into a giant Koi Pond.

This means that, for those of us that do track, Laguna Seca should be on our bucket list, and the sooner the better. One of these days, with little warning, I feel that the track will be sunset, and added to the pages of what used-to-be.

I've been to about half a dozen track days there, and just signed up for June 14, 2019 with TrackDaz.

Tell me about your Laguna Seca plans! Are you a regular there? Will 2019 be your year to trek North?

I'm a fan of things that ride, fly and drive.

IBA: 63413
rgbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-02-2019, 06:44 PM   #2
Mr. Blue

Bike(s):
Yamaha: R6, WR250R, FZ1
Triumph: Tiger 1200
Honda: VTX
KTM: RC390

I should will join you...

I always put it off due to the noise restriction and high price. I am still afraid my R6 is too loud.
Mr. Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 09:53 PM   #3
FightingChance

Bike(s):
2007 CBR-600RR
1998 VFR800

Apparently you just short shift 5 and it's fine but I couldn't remain that disciplined.

If you can easily just swap in the OEM can again, you're in business.
FightingChance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 01:07 PM   #4
Mr. Blue

Bike(s):
Yamaha: R6, WR250R, FZ1
Triumph: Tiger 1200
Honda: VTX
KTM: RC390

The R6 intake alone will trip the meter.
Mr. Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 05:47 PM   #5
OOTV

Bike(s):
09 Honda VFR800
01 Honda VFR800
95 Ducati 900SS/SP

I got to do two days at the track for doing corner working for California Superbike School. Fun track, on the bucket list for sure, so now I can check that off the list.

As far as the noise level, there were two bikes that were on the track the days I was there, definitely were not quiet by any stretch of the imagination. Not sure if there was any penalties given to the school or if they were even measuring that day but can say they were not told to leave the track.

Going to try and do it again this year but will most likely only to be attend WSBK in July, work is usually the factor in not being able to go. As mentioned, you never know when they'll stop allowing vehicles on the track.
OOTV is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 01-04-2019, 10:14 AM   #6
jamespz03

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2016 Honda CB500F

Member Garage Member Garage

I would love to do this but I think I'm way too slow. I would imagine a requirement is being in "B" group and I'm not sure if I can get there on my current bike. Hope you have fun Rusty and everyone else.
jamespz03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 05:34 PM   #7
panigale

Bike(s):
2018 Yamaha R1M

Ill be doing a few this summer.
panigale is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 01-09-2019, 03:55 PM   #8
Honey Badger
iz a girl

Bike(s):
2017 ZX10R (race)
2016 ZX10R (street)
1978 CB750-4

I'm always there with Pacific Track Time, but we only have one Laguna day this year *cry* so may try to hit up one of the other orgs.

The new-as-of-last-year sound restrictions are pretty restrictive, but stock cans or a db killer from Jay Murray and most people and bikes are fine. Some of the R6's still need some tape across the intake though.

My ZX10 with the insert is fine, and I can WOT right past the sound booth and not pop sound.

If you want to get an insert though, plan ahead - you have to ship your can to Jay and then he'll fab one for you, last I knew they were around $150.
Special thanks to my 2018 sponsors and supporters!!RiderzLaw; Kawasaki USA Team Green; Roseville Yamaha-Kawasaki; BARF Racing; Dunlop Race Tires; MCTech; DareDevil Motorsports; Fast Franks Racing; Catalyst Reaction; Pacific Track Time; Motion Pro; Chicken Hawk Racing; Skratch Labs[B]
Honey Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:

Advertisement