socalsportbikes.org socalsportbikes.org
Register Member Map Media Calendar Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SOCALSPORTBIKES.ORG - Forums > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to THE NEW socalsportbikes.org, Southern California's Sportbike Forum! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our FREE community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!
Its FREE!
Register through Facebook Register quicker using facebook

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook for regular shirt giveaways and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2019, 08:59 AM   #1
mikesx4911

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2011 CBR1000RR
2005 CBR600RR (Totaled)
2000 CBR600 F4 (Stolen)
2010 CBR600RR Leyla (Totaled)

Have you guys heard of Twisted Road?

Morning team,

Just curious if any of you guys have heard or used. Twisted Road to rent or list a motorcycle? I originally found out about this site from my cousin who worked with the CEO to build the site and market the site. When I first heard of it I thought who the rents out their motorcycle... Well now I'm one of them haha. Just listed my bike for rent on the site. It's been sitting for months and I don't really ride it. Figured if I just rent it out a couple of times I can have the bike paid off faster.

https://www.twistedroad.com/
mikesx4911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Advertisement
Old 07-09-2019, 10:19 AM   #2
Mr. Blue

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Yamaha: R6 & WR250R
Triumph: Tiger 1200
Honda: VTX

I saw this and considered keeping some bikes at LAX for this purpose. Then I thought about how most people treat rental cars. While I'm sure most renters would be safe and respectful, I can't help but think about not if, but when someone will drop it and the resulting headache that could occur, regardless of the value of the bike. Mainly between their insurance, my insurance, and whoever else could potentially be involved in a collision.
Mr. Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 11:57 AM   #3
thepretender

Bike(s):
2025 BMW S1000R
2014 Honda VFR
2002 Yamaha VMAX

I've heard many interviews with the guy who started it. And recommended it to someone who rented and had a great experience. They seem to be very good helping renters and those who rent have a smooth trouble free transaction. As for renting you vet everybody who rents and don't have to rent to them if they don't meet your standards. Riders who don't have insurance can now get it for the time of the rental and as a renter you can purchase additional coverage if you like. On the whole its seems like a great deal for everybody.
thepretender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 03:19 PM   #4
mikesx4911

Bike(s):
2011 CBR1000RR
2005 CBR600RR (Totaled)
2000 CBR600 F4 (Stolen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Blue View Post
I saw this and considered keeping some bikes at LAX for this purpose. Then I thought about how most people treat rental cars. While I'm sure most renters would be safe and respectful, I can't help but think about not if, but when someone will drop it and the resulting headache that could occur, regardless of the value of the bike. Mainly between their insurance, my insurance, and whoever else could potentially be involved in a collision.
From what I was reading, if something happens to the bike you go through Twisted not your insurance or theres.
Old 07-09-2019, 04:52 PM   #5
Mr. Blue

Bike(s):
Yamaha: R6 & WR250R
Triumph: Tiger 1200
Honda: VTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesx4911 View Post
From what I was reading, if something happens to the bike you go through Twisted not your insurance or theres.
Right, I just feel like it could still lead to headaches or lost potential income if the bike is destroyed or being repaired. Kinda like if you get in an accident while doing Uber or in between doing Uber or something. I've just heard horror stories I suppose. IDK, maybe this why I'm not fun at parties
Mr. Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 04:57 PM   #6
mikesx4911

Bike(s):
2011 CBR1000RR
2005 CBR600RR (Totaled)
2000 CBR600 F4 (Stolen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Blue View Post
Right, I just feel like it could still lead to headaches or lost potential income if the bike is destroyed or being repaired. Kinda like if you get in an accident while doing Uber or in between doing Uber or something. I've just heard horror stories I suppose. IDK, maybe this why I'm not fun at parties
I completely feel where you're coming from. I'm the more relaxed hey let's get up, play monopoly, have a orgy and not use protection kinda guy. But I will wake up and eat my vitamins the next morning
Old 07-11-2019, 11:42 PM   #7
BMW-K

Bike(s):
F800GS
Triumph 765 RS
WR250R

KLR.

I mean...if you have to ask...