socalsportbikes.org socalsportbikes.org
Register Member Map Media Calendar Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SOCALSPORTBIKES.ORG - Forums > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to THE NEW socalsportbikes.org, Southern California's Sportbike Forum! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our FREE community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!
Its FREE!
Register through Facebook Register quicker using facebook

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE SOCALSPORTBIKES.ORG DECALS mailed to your door

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2020, 03:17 PM   #21
mikesx4911

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2011 CBR1000RR For Sale
2005 CBR600RR (Totaled)
2000 CBR600 F4 (Stolen)
2010 CBR600RR Leyla (Totaled)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCS View Post
I didnt know you worked at Amazon. Warehouse or corporate or?

thoughts on it?
I work for warehouse which we call OpsTechIT but I support a corporate location... Which is not the normal but this building is not the norm for Amazon. You would think for the biggest company in the world they would have their together. Not the case there is some things that just don't make sense or could be done better. But overall there is a process/sop for doing EVERYTHING. And training out the . I had to watch a 2 hr. video on how to use ladders and hand tools lol. There is a lot of potential at working at Amazon for advancement and really good pay and benefits such as stocks, HSA accounts and etc. Overall I'm pretty satisfied with Amazon I don't like the pay currently for what I do but I know if I can get into another area I can make some bank. So I'm going to be at Amazon for life lol. I have currently worked at Amazon for 9 months. I also did 1 week of training is a warehouse associate packaging, returns and and that was . It was the most labor intensive job I have ever done lol.
mikesx4911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2020, 11:50 PM   #22
SCS
Administrator

You can't get tested through Amazon? I'd REALLY like to know if I've had it or not.

Last july I had a nasty unknown viral fever with all the fixings and was out for two weeks. Was and have no desire to experience anything close to it again. It had been a long time since I've been that beaten up.
SCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 05-02-2020, 11:41 AM   #23
mikesx4911

Bike(s):
2011 CBR1000RR For Sale
2005 CBR600RR (Totaled)
2000 CBR600 F4 (Stolen)
2010 CBR600RR Leyla (Totaled)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCS View Post
You can't get tested through Amazon? I'd REALLY like to know if I've had it or not.

Last july I had a nasty unknown viral fever with all the fixings and was out for two weeks. Was and have no desire to experience anything close to it again. It had been a long time since I've been that beaten up.
Nope Amazon does not have tests yet. They are working on getting internal testing. As of now they take temperatures throughout the day and if you have a fever your is going home lol.

More than likely you had it from what you just described.
mikesx4911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 09:53 PM   #24
SCS
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesx4911 View Post
Nope Amazon does not have tests yet. They are working on getting internal testing. As of now they take temperatures throughout the day and if you have a fever your is going home lol.

More than likely you had it from what you just described.
It was last july though, 2019. But who knows how long this thing has really been around. No one else around me got sick and I cant recall any breathing issues.
Old 05-02-2020, 10:07 PM   #25
SCS
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by i28 View Post
I'm part time at a couple of places and just have enough experience to start applying for full time (started doing that recently). Just the fact that there may be less job opportunities during a recession.

Not too interested in teaching at lower levels cause they require teaching credentials (another year of school). A masters is usually required for community college (I have one). I just prefer teaching at the college level and have decided to stick with it.
I have much respect for people who excel in mathematics. Its a highly under appreciated field in my opinion.
Liked this post:

Advertisement