socalsportbikes.org socalsportbikes.org
Register Member Map Media Calendar Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SOCALSPORTBIKES.ORG - Forums > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to THE NEW socalsportbikes.org, Southern California's Sportbike Forum! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our FREE community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!
Its FREE!
Register through Facebook Register quicker using facebook

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook for regular shirt giveaways and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2018, 09:34 PM   #21
UV1000
UV Plasma Lighted Funda
 
UV1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: West Los Angeles
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,067

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2005 GSXR1000 UV*









This is still on right? At 7pm?
Violet (bike) doesn't like the rain at all so if it gets sketchy (knowing how the coastal weather goes...) I might be caging it, which would be sad because it will be dark and V is all charged up and ready to bust out some plasma glow.


PS Save me a bike spot if it's dry, preferably near something sufficient I can lock it to.......I've heard of too many bikes on the MIA list in the LB....

Last edited by UV1000; 05-11-2018 at 10:13 PM.
UV1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2018, 01:23 AM   #22
LBChameleon
Member
 
LBChameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Long Beach
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 20

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
Yamaha FZ1









I'll be at work unfortunately. Definitely wanting to get to some of these events though
LBChameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 08:50 AM   #23
Miruri
Rachel
 
Miruri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Anaheim
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 919

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR - Joker
2013 1199 Panigale - Dustin's Real Wife
2013 Aprilia RSV4 - Crash Bike







Howdy Ya'all remember tonight is the night!
Miruri is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 05-12-2018, 01:16 PM   #24
Discmanxxx
The Member
 
Discmanxxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Sherman oaks
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 203

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Saving up for a new bike.maybe next mounth ill have one.




Member Garage Member Garage

Asactly how many are going, its like a hour and half ride 1 way, hate to leave now for nothing.
Discmanxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 05-12-2018, 03:08 PM   #25
Dustin
MRsmacksEM
 
Dustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Anaheim
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 118

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1199
R6 stolen 😢








Quote:
Originally Posted by Discmanxxx View Post
Asactly how many are going, its like a hour and half ride 1 way, hate to leave now for nothing.
By my count 4 plus bonestocks kids
Dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 03:16 PM   #26
Discmanxxx
The Member
 
Discmanxxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Sherman oaks
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 203

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Saving up for a new bike.maybe next mounth ill have one.




Member Garage Member Garage

Oh,I better not head out then.have fun everyone.
Discmanxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 05-12-2018, 03:49 PM   #27
thepretender
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 229


Bike(s):
2025 BMW S1000R
2002 Honda VFR
2002 Yamaha VMAX







Sherman Oaks to Long Beach 1 1/2hr? Are you on a Ruckus?
thepretender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 03:52 PM   #28
Discmanxxx
The Member
 
Discmanxxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Sherman oaks
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 203

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Saving up for a new bike.maybe next mounth ill have one.




Member Garage Member Garage

Google map said traffic was about thats of 1 hr.ive done the ride a few times .just would hate to get stuck down there in weather like today.feeling a bit tired also.sorry guys.say hi to red and grape if they arrive for me.
Discmanxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 05-12-2018, 04:12 PM   #29
hbwesman
Senior Member
 
hbwesman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Long Beach, CA
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 362


Bike(s):
2016 S1000R









Quote:
Originally Posted by Discmanxxx View Post
Google map said traffic was about thats of 1 hr.ive done the ride a few times .just would hate to get stuck down there in weather like today.feeling a bit tired also.sorry guys.say hi to red and grape if they arrive for me.
The sun is out and the weather is gorgeous! Come on down!
hbwesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 05:12 PM   #30
Miruri
Rachel
 
Miruri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Anaheim
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 919

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR - Joker
2013 1199 Panigale - Dustin's Real Wife
2013 Aprilia RSV4 - Crash Bike







Hello everyone! Only a few more hours till the meet, come one and come all! If you see the 1199 and Aprilia you're in the right spot!

Oh and if you've never met me in person, here is a pic, just come up to me and say hello and I'll introduce you to the other folks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0658.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	73712  
Miruri is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 05-12-2018, 07:58 PM   #31
monkeyfist
Senior Member
 
monkeyfist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Corona,CA
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 122

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2016 ZX636r
1996 GPZ 1100
1994 RM250r







Everyone can ride over the Vincent Thomas Bridge after dinner. I am standing under the green cranes on the left. haha. I hope there is a good turnout.
monkeyfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 05-12-2018, 10:04 PM   #32
bonestock
Senior Member
 
bonestock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Chino
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 273

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
2010 Honda 600rr









Good company, food and beer. Can't be beat. It was great meeting everybody
bonestock is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 05-12-2018, 10:25 PM   #33
Miruri
Rachel
 
Miruri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Anaheim
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 919

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR - Joker
2013 1199 Panigale - Dustin's Real Wife
2013 Aprilia RSV4 - Crash Bike







I had a wonderful time meeting many of you and cannot wait till the next meet! A special thanks to the following forum members for being able to make it; Que and his family, Chris, Joe, Wes and Olha(sp), and my darling husband Dustin for making this evening a success!

And thank you for the many forum members who posted in my two threads sharing their interest to meet with their fellow forum members.
Miruri is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 05-13-2018, 10:03 PM   #34
UV1000
UV Plasma Lighted Funda
 
UV1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: West Los Angeles
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,067

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2005 GSXR1000 UV*









It was so great to finally meet you guys!! Rachel and Dustin thanks so much for the grub! My turn next time. Que we didn't get to talk much but I'm sure we'll get together again soon. Joe you gotta show me what that green beast of a Kawi will do sometime....we can put saddle pucks on it to keep it from grinding through on the corners. Wes, your bike is just about perfect for ACH ( even with the very lovely Olhia (spelling?) on back to).

We have to do this again soon. And meet for a ride. Maybe even on a Thursday or Friday this coming week. I might have an open day.
UV1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 05-14-2018, 10:06 AM   #35
Guy
Senior Member
 
Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 5,223

Quote:
Originally Posted by UV1000 View Post
It was so great to finally meet you guys!! Rachel and Dustin thanks so much for the grub! My turn next time. Que we didn't get to talk much but I'm sure we'll get together again soon. Joe you gotta show me what that green beast of a Kawi will do sometime....we can put saddle pucks on it to keep it from grinding through on the corners. Wes, your bike is just about perfect for ACH ( even with the very lovely Olhia (spelling?) on back to).

We have to do this again soon. And meet for a ride. Maybe even on a Thursday or Friday this coming week. I might have an open day.
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 05-14-2018, 04:35 PM   #36
hbwesman
Senior Member
 
hbwesman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Long Beach, CA
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 362


Bike(s):
2016 S1000R









Quote:
Originally Posted by Miruri View Post
I had a wonderful time meeting many of you and cannot wait till the next meet! A special thanks to the following forum members for being able to make it; Que and his family, Chris, Joe, Wes and Olha(sp), and my darling husband Dustin for making this evening a success!

And thank you for the many forum members who posted in my two threads sharing their interest to meet with their fellow forum members.
Thank you Rachel and Dustin for making it happen! If you haven't met 'em, they're great/fun people; Dustin seems like a total riot. Chris and Que, it was great meeting and chatting with you, and Joe, great to see you again too!

This is a great community of people and fellow enthusiasts. I am totally looking forward to future meets and riding with you guys

Last edited by hbwesman; 05-14-2018 at 04:46 PM.
hbwesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 04:49 PM   #37
hbwesman
Senior Member
 
hbwesman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Long Beach, CA
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 362


Bike(s):
2016 S1000R









Quote:
Originally Posted by UV1000 View Post
Wes, your bike is just about perfect for ACH ( even with the very lovely Olhia (spelling?) on back to).
Thanks Chris ! Oly enjoys short rides around town, but I am not too sure if I could get her out on ACH. But I sure as heck will try
hbwesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 05-14-2018, 10:31 PM   #38
Miruri
Rachel
 
Miruri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Anaheim
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 919

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR - Joker
2013 1199 Panigale - Dustin's Real Wife
2013 Aprilia RSV4 - Crash Bike







Quote:
Originally Posted by hbwesman View Post
Thanks Chris ! Oly enjoys short rides around town, but I am not too sure if I could get her out on ACH. But I sure as heck will try
You're not trying hard enough then?

She's just one good ride away from having her own bike I bet.
Miruri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 11:39 PM   #39
UV1000
UV Plasma Lighted Funda
 
UV1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: West Los Angeles
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,067

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2005 GSXR1000 UV*









Quote:
Originally Posted by Miruri View Post
You're not trying hard enough then?

She's just one good ride away from having her own bike I bet.
Speaking of ACH. I was somewhere up there "late" on Sunday "Mothers Day" (not on the bike though because momma need no worries on her day, )........and I heard a couple of bikes jamming, I looked through the trees just in time to see that the red bike was behind and chasing the one in front...........so I thought of you and Dustin.
UV1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 02:16 PM   #40
Miruri
Rachel
 
Miruri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Anaheim
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 919

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR - Joker
2013 1199 Panigale - Dustin's Real Wife
2013 Aprilia RSV4 - Crash Bike







Quote:
Originally Posted by UV1000 View Post
Speaking of ACH. I was somewhere up there "late" on Sunday "Mothers Day" (not on the bike though because momma need no worries on her day, )........and I heard a couple of bikes jamming, I looked through the trees just in time to see that the red bike was behind and chasing the one in front...........so I thought of you and Dustin.
Close!

But unless I was riding the Ducati (which I never get the chance since it is his baby) it wasn’t us.
Miruri is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Reply


Thread Tools



Advertisement



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:41 AM.


socalsportbikes.org is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy