socalsportbikes.org socalsportbikes.org
Register Member Map Media Calendar Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SOCALSPORTBIKES.ORG - Forums > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to THE NEW socalsportbikes.org, Southern California's Sportbike Forum! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our FREE community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!
Its FREE!
Register through Facebook Register quicker using facebook

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook for regular shirt giveaways and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2018, 10:42 PM   #1
Big_Panda
Forum Supporter

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2004 Honda VFR800
1991 Harley Davidson FLHS
2013 Aprilia RSV4 Factory SE
2001 GSXR-750 (Track only)

Washington State

Hey everybody,
This is a long shot but hey, the boards are slow...

I'm working in Washington State until mid December and am contemplating brining up my dirt bike. The thing about the dirt bike is...
1. Its not mine (but I keep it and am free to ride it whenever I want)
2. Ownership papers are lost (and the owner doesn't care, so he wont look for them/apply for new papers)
3. Doesn't have current red or green stickers (and last time it got them was 07)

SO... does anyone know what I would need to do to bring/ride it in Washington? Will I need the papers? Can I just bring it up and throw a leg over it and be good? Is there a permitting system up there? Is Sasquatch real? If he is real will the bike scare him off or draw his attention? Do you think a CRF450 can outrun Sasquatch?

Last edited by Big_Panda; 11-23-2018 at 10:46 PM.
Big_Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-30-2018, 11:48 AM   #2
jared p

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
many

Answer is basically no, and especially not on public land. To ride it on public land, ORV parks etc, it needs to be registered, with ORV tags. To ride on forest service/logging roads, it needs a license plate as it's considered public road. The only way you'll be able to ride it is on private land, with written permission on your person while riding, and some sorta paperwork for the bike. your chances of having it confiscated are much higher than your chances of enjoying riding it up here.

it's off season, so you can always buy one up here and sell it when you leave. Some shops sell on consignment for you too depending on where you'll be up here

tl;dr not worth the hassle
Old 11-30-2018, 10:51 PM   #3
Big_Panda
Forum Supporter

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2004 Honda VFR800
1991 Harley Davidson FLHS
2013 Aprilia RSV4 Factory SE
2001 GSXR-750 (Track only)

thanks for the reply! I did decide to leave the bike. just too many unknowns and its not even my bike. But appreciate the response.
Big_Panda is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement