socalsportbikes.org socalsportbikes.org
Register Member Map Media Calendar Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SOCALSPORTBIKES.ORG - Forums > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related) > Build Forum
Forgot info?

Welcome to THE NEW socalsportbikes.org, Southern California's Sportbike Forum! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our FREE community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!
Its FREE!
Register through Facebook Register quicker using facebook

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE SOCALSPORTBIKES.ORG DECALS mailed to your door

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2013, 06:13 PM   #1
TheRods
Forum Supporter

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
2005 Honda CBR F4i
2001 Suzuki Katana
1998 Suzuki GSXR

Member Garage Member Garage

Hope someone can help me out!

Hey guys so today I decided to move my project bike to my new house. I rode it about two weeks ago and it rode awesome. Today I took it from Poway to Escondido and my bike had no power. Its a Honda CBR 600, 2005. The bike had no gas in it, which I didnt realize till I got on the highway when the light came on. The bike was pretty low on oil which I am going to change the filter this week but have to wait till it comes in. My bike was reving around 6-7k RPMs in first while only going 10 mph, then 7-8k RPMS in 4th while only going about 40-50 mph. I don't even know where to start to fix it. The chain and sprocket are brand new. If you need more details or I have to run any tests just let me know. I have very little technical expertise when it comes to bikes but Im always willing to try and learn. If anyone wants to volunteer to help the bike is off of Gopher Canyon off the 15. Thanks guys
TheRods is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-08-2013, 06:53 PM   #2
3-Nation
Forum Supporter
Track ho

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
06 Gixxer 750
01 Gixxer 600

Sounds like a worn clutch to me. I can stop by on Tuesday on my way home from work and take a look at your scoot if you want.

Low oil is def a bad thing. So make sure it's topped off before you run the engine again.

Will the bike rev over 7k rpm in natural?
3-Nation is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement