socalsportbikes.org socalsportbikes.org
Register Member Map Media Calendar Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SOCALSPORTBIKES.ORG - Forums > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related) > Build Forum
Forgot info?

Welcome to THE NEW socalsportbikes.org, Southern California's Sportbike Forum! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our FREE community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!
Its FREE!
Register through Facebook Register quicker using facebook

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook for regular shirt giveaways and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2014, 02:31 PM   #41
Billy Deville
Forum Supporter
Autonomy Garage

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Sv650s/modified

Member Garage Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kojiiro View Post
How is performance with the new parts? Particularly your chain, sprockets, motion pro throttle/clutch cables, R1 tube and, your perch and the new tires? I am probably missing some stuff to ask about but, you get the idea
Performance is great the cables, chain and sprockets were all worn so replacing them is like night and day. Going from a normal steel 525 sprocket setup to the Driven racing 520 setup sheds a couple pounds and allows for quicker acceleration. The R1 parts make the throttle a 1/5 instead of 1/4 turn so getting to WOT is faster and easier on the wrist. The stock clutch perch was worn out badly but the new snapback perch is great, very crisp return. The Q3 tires for me are amazing. By far the best tires I've ever ridden on. Very stable very sticky and I was able to get 3000 canyon/street miles and a track day out of the rear. The front is still in good shape and I'm on my second rear. All in all the mods done have made the bike handle better and accelerate faster. The woodcraft coupons took a period of adjustment but now I don't know how I ever rode without them I can now get in the proper body position with little effort and no discomfort.
Billy Deville is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2014, 07:05 PM   #42
kojiiro
Forum Supporter

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2016 R25

Dang 3000 miles? You think you would have got more without the track day? Have you tried Avon road riders by chance? I am only asking because I so far have only ran Avon road riders and Dunlop Roadsmart 2s
Old 02-11-2014, 08:13 PM   #43
Billy Deville
Forum Supporter
Autonomy Garage

Bike(s):
Sv650s/modified

Without a track day I would have got more miles for sure. I'm hard on tires now I only got 2500 miles on the Bridgestone s20s. If I get over 3000 miles out of my rear tire I'm thrilled. I run sport tires though so they offer a higher level of grip at the cost of mileage. I've never run Avon's at all so I'm no help in that department. I do know that sport touring tires offer longer life but lack the grip of a true sport tire. As your speed and lean angle increase grip becomes more important than mileage.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:30 PM   #44
kojiiro
Forum Supporter

Bike(s):
2016 R25

Yeah true, trying to find that compromise where you get good mileage and grip is hard. I dont track at all, and most of my riding is commuting, since I cant really hit the canyons anymore.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:59 AM   #45
Billy Deville
Forum Supporter
Autonomy Garage

Bike(s):
Sv650s/modified

The tires you have should be good for commuting. Before my riding became aggressive I ran Michelin pilot road2 and I got about 10000 miles out of those. Most modern tires can handle at least a spirited pace. Being smooth is really the key. Sorry to hear you can't hit the canyon's any more.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:37 AM   #46
kojiiro
Forum Supporter

Bike(s):
2016 R25

Yeah, it sucks but it keeps the old lady happy. Shes gonna take a vacation with the kids soon so I might sneak out when that happens lol.

Advertisement